Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cottage Cheese Salad

I don't normally buy cottage cheese since none of my family is a huge fan of it. I can eat it plain but I don't think it is the best. However, if there is a sale at H.E.B. like buy sour cream get a free cottage cheese I get it or vice versa if I need sour cream. Anyways, I really like this salad and it uses up the cottage cheese that I get. Enjoy!

Cottage Cheese Salad
(It may sound gross but I really like it and I am not a huge fan of plain cottage cheese.)

1 (3 oz.) pkg. lime jello
1 (3 oz.) pkg. lemon jello
1/2 c. sugar
1 big can crushed pineapple
1 pint very hot water (2 cups)
1/2 pint whipping cream (small)
1 carton cottage cheese (2 cups or 1 pint)

Dissolve jello and sugar in hot water. Put in a 9x13 pan, and add pineapple to jello. Put in refrigerator until it starts to thicken (barely set). Whip whipping cream until it becomes thick (cool whip like). Then stir (fold) in cottage cheese and whipped whipping cream and put in refrigerator.

Note: Whipping the whipping cream works best with cold bowl and beaters. I usually put them in the freezer for a little while before I use them to whip the whipping cream.

No comments: